The Leading Edge panel have secured another 50 spots for Air League members to attend the free Royal Aeronautical Society lecture!
As shown on the Royal Aeronautical Society’s website, Squadron Leader Mike Ling MBE RAF will discuss:
His background in the Royal Air Force
Mike’s inspiration to join the Service and the path to becoming a pilot in the Team.
– A brief history of the Red Arrows
– Team constitution/pilot selection
– Who makes up the entire Red Arrows unit and what does it take to become a pilot?
– The Red Arrows Hawk TMk1
– An explanation of the Hawk and how those Hawks used by the Red Arrows differ
– Flying the Red Arrows display
– The techniques involved and how the display sequence is designed
– Highs and lows during Sqn Ldr Ling’s 10 seasons in the Team
– Experiences (good and bad) as a Red Arrows display pilot and supervisor