The Stelios Disabled Pilots’ Scholarship 2019
The aim of this scholarship is to support an aspiring disabled pilot to achieve something incredible.
As well as a full Private Pilot’s Licence, the scheme will offer up to 15 individuals the opportunity to experience flying for the first time with our partner organisation, Aerobility. The flying taster day will be held on the 13th May, 2019.
In order to apply for the scholarship and to take part in the flying taster day, please fill in this application form.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a permanent UK resident
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Be able to meet the requirements for English language proficiency (for further information visit here)
- Not weigh more than 17 stone/108 kg. This is due to the weight restrictions of the training aircraft used by Aerobility.
- Be able to hold a Class 2 Medical. (for further information see advice from the CAA and Aerobility)
- Be fully committed to completing the full PPL (A) syllabus within 2019. This will need a significant investment in terms of time and motivation from you. For further information on how to achieve a PPL, visit here.
- Be happy to give back, all Air League and Aerobility Scholars must commit to volunteering for at least two activities on behalf of our charities. This might be coming to help us at Air Shows or other events, going to your local school to talk about your experiences etc. We will be asking you to contribute in fun ways to help get more young people involved and excited about careers in aviation and aerospace plus at the same time, give you fantastic new opportunities to develop yourself and gain new friends and experiences.
- Insurance – Aerobility (ie. the Approved Training Organisation (ATO)) has the applicable insurances as required by the regulator, CAA. However, you should be aware that personal insurance is your responsibility and not The Air League Trust. Please make sure you have read the Air League terms and conditions here.
In order to be considered for this scholarship, all applicants should have taken part in a taster day and/or had a trial flight with Aerobility. If you are eligible for this scholarship, further information is included as part of the application form. Following the submission of the application form, we will be in touch regarding trial flight opportunities at a taster day to be held mid May and the selection process.
For all those interested in pursuing this scholarship, we would ask you to have either previously flown with Aerobility or to be able to attend the taster day. This is to ensure that you are truly committed to this challenge as obtaining a Pilot’s Licence requires motivation and determination as well as true passion for flying.
In association with