HFW are a sector focused global law firm specialising in aerospace, construction, insurance, commodities, energy, and shipping.
HFW will be hosting a five day in person work experience programme for up to 20 students in years 12 and 13 in the October half term. The week will be hosted at our London office and will be designed to provide an overview of the firm and the different career opportunities in the wider legal sector.
The work experience programme will consist of:
• Work shadowing
• Career insight sessions with senior leaders, HR, trainee solicitors and HFW clients
• A mock arbitration activity
• A visit to a local barrister’s chamber
• A half day oracy workshop delivered by the English-Speaking Union
All lunch and travel expenses will be covered by HFW throughout the week.
All applicants need to be a Year 12/13 state school student (aged 16-18) who has always attended a state funded non-fee-paying school/college.
You must also meet one or more of the following:
• You have been, or are currently, in local authority care.
• You are currently in receipt of, or have previously received, free school meals, Pupil Premium, Education Maintenance Allowance and/or 16 to 19 Bursary.
• You are, or have been, a full-time or part-time carer.
• You came to the UK as a refugee or asylum seeker.
• The occupation of your main household earner is categorised as a routine or manual occupation.
• You are attending a state school or college with:
a) below average A-Level or Higher point score and/or
b) low rate of progression to higher education
• You grew up in a household where no parent or guardian attended University.
When applying, students will see a free-text question about where they heard about the scheme. Any Air League members applying should mention their connection to the charity.