Applications are now open!
Do you have a passion for pursuing a new and exciting career and skill set as a UAV and Drone Pilot?
The Air League and Eagle Eye Innovations are proud to present an industry first. We are offering two fully sponsored UAV and Drone training scholarships (leading to a Remote Pilot Certificate (SUAS) qualification) delivered by RUSTA.
This scholarship includes a 5 day course (2 days of flying) for the students as well as the theory element of the course. Also included is the NVQ level 4 Diploma in the Remote Piloting of Unmanned Aircraft Systems for Commercial Operations.
Accommodation for the duration of the course will also be provided as well as breakfast and lunch. You will also be given access to a drone for the duration of the course – it is recommended that you think about purchasing your own drone following the completion of the course.
In order to ensure you are committed to completing this course, please ensure you read this https://www.rustauas.com/nvq/ so that you are aware of the expectations. As part of the course, you must must complete the 3 Mandatory units:
- Knowledge of Unmanned Aircraft Systems Operations
- Flight Skills for Unmanned Aircraft Systems
- Developing an Operations Manual for the Remote Piloting of Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Candidates who demonstrate achievement of the qualification will be awarded a certificate giving the full qualification title –ProQual NVQ Level 4 Diploma in the Remote Piloting of Unmanned Aircraft Systems for Commercial Operations.
For the right candidates, there may be opportunities to complete work experience with a professional UAS company involved in filming television programmes.
Please note that the following are not included in the scholarship:
- You will have to cover your food costs during the evenings (breakfast and lunch are provided).
- Travel and from Lincoln
- Any additional spending money you may require during your stay
- You need to own either a laptop or tablet in order to complete the course
In order to apply, you must meet the following conditions:
- Made sure you have read and understood all of the Terms and Conditions set out by RUSTA.
- Be a member of The Air League (or be applying to be a member at the time of application for the scholarship). To join, visit https://www.airleague.co.uk/membership/
- ALT membership is not restricted to UK citizens – you do however have to be a resident in the UK*
- Must be 18 or over
- Be able to meet the requirements for English language proficiency (for further information visit https://www.caa.co.uk/General-aviation/Pilot-licences/EASA-requirements/General/Language-proficiency/)
- Be happy to give back. All Air League Scholars and bursary holders in 2019 must commit to volunteering for at least 2 activities on the Air League’s behalf. This might be coming to help us at Air Shows or other events, going to your local school to talk about your experiences etc. We will be asking you to contribute in fun ways to help get more young people involved and excited about careers in aviation and aerospace plus at the same time, give you fantastic new opportunities to develop yourself and gain new friends and experiences.
- Be committed to completing the full course and reaching NVQ Lvl 4 standard. This includes timely completion of the e-learning modules before attending the course in Lincoln.
- Be available to complete the course on one of the following dates:
•15th – 19th July 2019
•12th- 16th August 2019
•16th- 20th September 2019
•14th- 18th October 2019
•11th- 15th November 2019
- All application forms must be received by the 14th June 2019
- Short-listed candidates will be asked to take part in an interview w/c 24th June 2019
- Successful candidates will be notified by the 30th June 2019.
To apply – click here.